Page

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It's Me, Ramadhan



Knock knock!

Who’s there?

It’s me.

Who?

It’s Ramadhan.


Owh, hello Ramadhan, I’ve been waiting for u since 11 months ago, please come in.

No need, let’s just talk here. So how are u? Do u miss me?

Alhamdulillah, I’m fine Ramadhan. And yes, I miss u so much Ramadhan.

Why u miss me?

I miss u because u are so special Ramadhan.

Explain.

U are difference than the other months. Every Muslims around the world are waiting upon u every year. Muslims believe that the gates of Heaven are open, the gates of Hell are closed, and devils are chained up in Hell so they cannot tempt believers on Earth. U are better and special because u are a month that contain Laylat al-Qadr, which is better than a thousand months. We always pray to Allah so that we can get a chance to meet u again Ramadhan.

And now I’m here, what are u going to do?

Masya-Allah, there’s so much that I want to do dear Ramadhan. So much.

Tell me.

I will wake up early, say an hour before dawn and have half an hour or forty minutes of night worship before having my sahur meal, then going to pray Fajr and perhaps recite some passages of the Qur'an.

Is it sahur so important?

Yes it is important Ramadhan. `Amr ibn Al-`Aas quotes the Prophet as saying,"The difference between our fasting and that of the People of the Book is the sahur meal."

Good, then, what else u are going to do?

I’m going to fasting, where I will refrain myself from eating, drinking and sexual activities from dawn until sunset.

What is the meaning of fasting to u? It is just to refrain urself from eating, drinking and sexual activities?

Of coz not Ramadhan. It’s not just about refrain myself from what u mentioned just now. Fasting is also means keeping my ears, eyes, tongue, hands and feet and all other organs to free from sin. But I hope I can feel the fasting that brings meaning of free the heart from unworthy concerns and worldly thoughts, in total disregard of everything but God, Great and Glorious is He. That’s the fasting that I always dream off.

Alhamdulillah. Good to hear that. Then what about ur night activities during Ramadhan?

When night comes, I will perform the special prayers, called Tarawih, which are held in the mosques every night of the month, during which a whole section of the Qur'an (Juz', which is 1/30 of the Qur'an) is recited. Therefore the entire Qur'an would be completed at the end of the month.  

Very nice. Then what else Muslims should be doing during Ramadhan?

Ramadan is also a time when Muslims are to slow down from worldly affairs and focus on self-reformation, spiritual cleansing and enlightenment; this is to establish a link between themselves and God through prayer, supplication, charity, good deeds, kindness and helping others. Since it is a festival of giving and sharing, Muslims prepare special foods and buy gifts for their family and friends and for giving to the poor and needy who cannot afford it; this can involve buying new clothes, shoes and other items of need. There is also a social aspect involving the preparing of special foods and inviting people for Iftar.

Interesting. So I hope u will do all of what u mentioned. I need to go now.

U already want to leave?

Yes, this is why I don’t want t come into ur house when u asked me to come in just know. It is because like u said, I’m special. I rarely come, and when I come, I just come for a while. As time passing by, I’m gonna leave u without u even realised it and my friend Syawal will come to take over my place. So while I’m still here, please appreciate me and do ur best to show ur love, sincerity and dedication to Allah as He is our Creator and The Almighty.

Yes I will Ramadhan. Thanks for the reminder.









Ps : I'd like to wish u all a blessed Ramadan, May Allah accept from us and from u (our deeds). Ameen. Please keep all the Muslims in your Dua and don't forget to fast. :)



17 comments:

Sha-na.Szied said...

great post lah, rasa nak kopi paste, masuk mic,word.

awak yg buat ker?

Unknown said...

selamat berpose :)

SiHatiMerah said...

Subahanallah~yes i will do it too,insyaAllah..thanks 4 reminder.
Its very nice entry,keep it up:)
Happy fasting!

Shaizul Sapar said...

salam ramadahan fared.semoga beroleh keberkatan.

Asielah said...

this is such a cute entry! hehe.. really nice. may Allah accept our prayers and alms in this blessed month. salam ramadhan fared. :)

Cik Mawar said...

Selamat Menunaikan ibdah puasa En.Fared..:)
semoga ramadhan kali ini lebih mendatangkan keberkhatan buat kita semua.. amin..:)

Anonymous said...

very nice and creative one.
may His bless always wif us.
jangan ponteng puasa! ;)

Fared Isa said...

@ Sha-na.Szied
thanks, yes, i'm the one who wrote it..

@ Ieda Al-Habsyi
selamat berpuasa juga.. ;)

@ Dakwat Basah!
salam Ramdhan to u too..may Allah bless us.. ;)

@ Asielah
thanks...salam ramadhan to u too Asielah... ;)

@ Cik Mawar
Selamat Menunaikan ibadah puasa Cik Mawar..may Allah bless u..:)

@ maCy
thanks...yes, may HE bless us..InsyaAllah xponteng kot... ;)

ozz said...

Fared,
Happy Ramadhan....May Allah Bless Us All......

Fared Isa said...

thanks ozz...salam ramadhan to u... ;)

Afiq Abd Rahman said...

U are better and special because u are a month that contain Laylat al-Qadr, which is better than a thousand months.

Laylat al -Qadr, isn't it better than a thousand night?

btw happy ramadhan to you too fared.

Hani J said...

Congrats Fared. Really nice. Going to share it.

Selamat berpuasa. Semoga amalan anda tahun ini lebih baik daripada sebelumnya. InsyaAllah :)

And, keep up the good work!

Fared Isa said...

@ Afiq Abd Rahman
actually i'm talking about the month(Ramadahan), where one of the specialty of Ramadhan is becoz it contains Laylat al-Qadr, so that makes Ramadhan is better than thousand months. Plus, if u change the unit of night to month, thousands of night can still create at least a thousand of month..so its just the same, the difference is just the unit that being use..

btw, salam Ramadhan to u too afiq.. ;)

@ RadIanT
thanks..salam Ramadhan to u too.. ;)

famy said...

miss ramadhan to, and hope to be different this month. a better one

Amal Asyura said...

hehe comel je =D

Anonymous said...

SELAMAT B'PUASA DAN SELAMAT HARI RAYA . HEHE :D

Cik Akma said...

selamat berpuasa :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails